New Client Duties
- Appoint in writing and obtain written confirmation of acceptance from appointee for project supervisor for design process (PSDP) and project supervisor for construction stage (PSCS)
- Appoint PSDP on or before start of design process
- Ascertain suitability of project supervisors, designers and contractors – i.e. Have adequate resources (or allocate same) and be competent
- Provide or arrange for provision of Safety and Health Plan to every person being considered for role of PSCS or tendering for the role
- Issue notice to Health and Safety Authority of appointment of PSDP.
New Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) Duties
- Must state in Safety and Health plan the basis upon which the time for completing the project was established
- Must state in Safety and Health plan the conclusions drawn by designers and the PSDP
- Must state in Safety and Health plan the location of services for the site to facilitate welfare facilities
- Prepare and deliver the safety file to the client upon completion of the development.