The Project Supervisor Design Process (PDSP) is a project management role for construction industries that involves the coordination of work designers throughout the project.
The PDSP can be a firm of architects, chartered surveyors, project managers or consulting engineers. In small projects with minimal design input the PDSP can be the main contractor. Whatever the project scenario, the PDSP must be fully qualified and competent for the role.
Regulation 11.1(c) defines the PDSP roles as a process that shall
“organise cooperation between Designers on the same project and, so far as is reasonably practicable, ensure coordination of their activities in relation to the design of the project with a view to protecting the safety, health and welfare of persons involved in construction work.”
The main duties of a PDSP include:
- Identifying hazards arising from the design or from the technical, organisational, planning or time related aspects of the project
- Eliminating hazards and reducing construction project risks
- Communicating necessary control measures, design assumptions or remaining risks to the PSCS (Project Supervisor Construction Stage) so they can be dealt with in the health and safety plan
- Ensuring that the work of designers is safely coordinated
- Organising co-operation between designers
- Preparing written safety and health plans for large projects where there is a particular risk and deliver it to the client prior to tender
- Preparing safety files for the completed structure and handing it over to the client
- Notifying the Health Safety Authority and the client of non-compliance with any written directions issued
Choose MMP for Project Supervisor Design Process contracting
Mulcahy McDonagh and Partners (MMP) are established as one of the most well known and trusted Quantity Surveying and Construction Economics practices in Ireland. MMP has extensive knowledge and experience in the entire construction process – from cost management, project management, dispute resolution, contract procurement and strategic financial planning to overseeing and coordinating project design processes.
MMP have worked with construction companies in a range of industries, including commercial, retail and public sector projects.
For more information on the project supervisor design process contact MMP. Email firstname.lastname@example.org